Monday, June 9, 2008

All done with it :(

Well, I'm through with Congo. I finished my 6months and am back in the states as of Wednesday. Its a little sad to have left, but at the same time I'm looking forward to my next adventure (wherever that may be) but I thought that I would post some pictures of Africa as a final post to my blogging days. so here are some pictures.




Keith and I in Ethiopia late at night on our way to our hotel.



$24 box of corn flakes... Didn't have a clue to the price when we asked for them, big mistake.



The Congo exchange rate.



A fellow American that we met.



Umm... oops



This can't be good.



Sabbath morning



Me working hard doing PA for the effort.



arrested by the UN... no, but that would have been a great story if we did :p



Training local missionaries...



Through pastor Mtenzi.



Taking those missionaries to there mission fields.



Hmmm, food.



Ooh... squishy.



Well... here go's nothing.



Down the Congo river!



With Joshua and Emanuel





Orphans



Ze' Catholics



Baptisms! There were over 50 that day!



Monkeying around.



My Friend.





Preacha' boy.



And Again.



ASI Lay-Evangelist DVD training (wow thats a mouthful)



African church is interactive at times.



A very gifted speaker. Pastor Mtenzi.



This man had cancer.



Forest!



Going to preach on the other side.



farewell dinner



And even a cake!



Umm... Keith



Good bye Congo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Well, you after all that time in the Congo getting monkey fleas, eating grubs, and falling in the swamp, you come back looking like Muhammad!

I look forward to hearing all your stories someday.

June 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Olivia Leigh Photography said...

Hey Wezley!
Welcome home! Thanks for sharing all those pics. It's nice to see you're still your crazy ol' self. :-)
Hope to hear more about it!
Blessings!
~Olivia

June 10, 2008 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

*gulp* you didn't actually eat those... did you??? You're gross! :p Nice family portrait of you and that monkey btw... The similarities were striking! :p

June 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Thomson said...

wesley, those worms may eat roots. =)

March 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger disciple said...

Hey brother, welcome home. I hope to have a chance to talk to you sometime soon... I'm living near SAU for now... It's good to know your around and I've been blessed by what you've shared brother.

Welcome home! :)

November 1, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Wezley said...

Thanks disciple, haha who are you? :p

December 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home